Avalon Beach RSL Club ... The Peninsula's Ultimate Family Destination
Formed by the Returned Servicemen in 1947, the first official meeting was held at the rear of the general store and later at the Avalon Golf course. The Club was formed in 1950 with 60 members who purchased a temporary shed, which now stands in Dunbar Park. This building was the Scout Hall for many years and has just been renovated as part of the Plan of Management for Dunbar Park.
The land the club now sits on is a combination of donated land and purchased land which has been added to and renovated many times over the years. The main extension was started in 1961, which is now the shell for the current building, the latest renovation was completed in August 2004 and was officially opened by John Brogden MP.
The Club now has over 5000 members, three bars over two levels, Bistro 61 with alfresco dining, a private function room, pool tables, weekly live entertainment, active social Fishing Club & Golf Clubs, TAB & Keno facilities.