Avalon Beach RSL Proudly Supporting The Community
Below are just some of the organisations that Avalon Beach RSL Club have supported in 2017 & 2018
- Barrenjoey High School
- Avalon Beach RSL Fishing Club
- Avalon Beach RSL Golf Club
- Avalon Beach RSL Sub Branch
- Avalon Bulldogs Junior Rugby League Club
- The Benevolent Society Legacy
- Aboriginal Support Group Manly Warringah Pittwater
These funds will be put towards regular Public information evenings with guest speakers on indigenous issues.
- Autism Spectrum
Australia Our donation will be put towards providing support for early intervention services for children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Avalon Computer Pals for Seniors
Our donation will go towards the purchase of desktop touch-screen computers, to replace obsolete equipment and aid in the training of seniors.
- Avalon Surf Life Saving Club
These funds will be used to purchase a new outboard motor for Avalon’s rescue boat.
- Be Centre Foundation
Our grant will be put towards play and creative therapy programmes for vulnerable children who have experienced trauma or other mental health challenges.
- Cubby House Toy Library Inc
This money will be put towards supporting families with young children who need early intervention, special toys and other resources.
- Infants Home Ashfield
The funds provided will be used to purchase iPads and Apps as development resources for the Family Day Care Northern Beaches.
- Technical Aid to the Disabled
These funds will be put towards providing custom-made, modified bikes for children with disabilities. These bikes not only improve their physical fitness but also allow independence and significantly increase their social participation within the family and their community.
- TAD Disability Services
- Our donation will support the volunteers who build & modify equipment & technology for people living with a disability.
- Constant Companion
Our grant will allow financially burdened local residents to access Constant Companion’s 24 hr personal emergency response service.
- Learning Links
The Clubs donation will be put towards anti-bullying workshops for parents and carers of school children in our community.
- Palm Beach War Memorial Kindy
These funds will be used to create an edible, sensory, eco-friendly garden, together with a compost/worm farm for the recycling of waste.
- Peninsula Senior Citizens Toy Repair Group
Our donation will assist the Toy Repair Group to continue their excellent work supplying restored/repaired preloved toys to underprivileged children, through nominated local charities.
- RSL Australia (NSW Branch) Supporting DefenceCare
The money donated will support young, homeless veterans, helping them to get back on their feet and into the workforce.
- Northern Beaches Creative Leisure & Learning Inc
Our grant will go towards monthly local workshops & activities relevant to the needs of adults with physical or intellectual disabilities.
- Northern Beaches Interchange Inc
The donation will be put towards the services provided to families who have a disabled child, including Siblings and Parent support, recreational activities, networking events and family to family support.